Client: Cambodia Airports
Industry: Airport Management
Services: Migration to Microsoft communication and collaboration cloud platform
Cambodia Airports holds the concession for the development and the management of Cambodia’s three international airports serving its main economic poles and tourist destinations: the capital city of Phnom Penh; Siem Reap, home to the UNESCO World Heritage Angkor Archeological Park; and the port city and resort town of Sihanoukville.
The shareholders of Cambodia Airports are France’s group VINCI (70%) and Muhibbah Masteron Cambodia (30%), a Malaysian-Cambodian joint venture. The network of international airport, which has a workforce exceeding 1,200, is a key contributor to Cambodia’s economic development. In 2010, the number of passengers going through the airports totaled 3 million.
Office 365 has been selected as a replacement for the current email infrastructure based on Lotus Domino. Microsoft solution was intended to solve the following issues:
- Outdated Lotus Notes software didn’t respond to current business requirements
- Upgrades required significant investments
- Lotus Notes required costly maintenance (storage, server power, licenses, technical staff)
- The need to provide SLA 99.9% scheduled uptime
The project scope was 350+ users distributed across three airports as follows:
After a pre-deployment phase which included formalizing requirements, deployment design and architecture was completed, the project team deployed a cloud infrastructure intended to coexist with on-premise infrastructure.
The next phase was end user training at the dedicated Office 365 End Users Awareness WorkShop followed by migration of users’ mailboxes from Lotus Domino to Microsoft Exchange Online. At the final phase the project team developed all the necessary documentation.
In this project the team had to resolve the following challenges.
Security policies. No remote access. While solution development and management has been performed remotely, actual delivery has been done on site.
O365 License activation unexpectedly delayed for 2 months. Noventiq has re-adjusted project phases to start other tasks sooner: Migration Tools Deployment, Document and Trainings.
Low upload speed on migration phase. Another migration method was introduced to speed-up.
Migration of large attachments of up to 150 Mb (max O365 limit was 25 Mb). Using Noventiq’s position of Microsoft Global partner, we’ve persuaded MS to increase the limit.
Minimum inconveniences to end users. Noventiq developed a unique automation script to update Office Pro Plus on workstations in the background without any disruption to users.
- 100% users mailboxes has been migrated in O365
- Configured Directory synchronization service with the cloud, which can be used in next projects to synchronize all airports operated by the group of companies
- Office Pro Plus has been deployed on 100% user workstations
- Training for 292 Customers’ staff done.
- Project completed 1 month ahead of schedule.