VUCA – Volatility, Uncertainity, Complexity & Ambiguity – are the new paradigms of the marketplace and organisations have to deal with it on a daily basis. In such a fast changing and agile world, IT is no longer seen as a support function but rather as a strategic facilitator for organisational strategy and growth.
At Noventiq we believe that technical implementation and IT plans have to align with business goals to help the organisations to reduce cost, improve efficiency, become more agile and innovate effectively. Noventiq’s Consulting Services brings to fore the many years of implementation experience across multiple platforms and global customers to help on an entire end-to-end project perspective right from strategic design and consulting to flawless implementation and installation & efficient support along with processes to manage the project.
Some of the Consulting Services provided by Noventiq include
The first step in any consulting engagement is a discovery of the current state of business and IT systems with existing infrastructure, systems and processes. An audit in the discovery phase can also be carried out as an independent study of the current state of IT readiness.
The key objective of the discovery phase is to understand the current “as-is” state, identify the gaps and design the plan to bridge the gaps between the IT infrastructure and the Business goals. These audits can be conducted for multiple initiatives through the analysis of different assets and processes.
- For a project on the implementation and modernization of infrastructure solutions, an audit needs to be conducted examining infrastructure elements and their relationships.
- For a project on implementation of business applications, an audit needs to be conducted examining the existing business processes and procedures.
- For a project on implementation of business security, an audit needs to be conducted assessing the vulnerabilities and risks in the existing systems.
Noventiq consultants conduct these audits by studying the organisational structure and documentation, conducting interviews with the relevant employees in strategy, IT, business and other departments and conducting an analysis of the current IT state with respect to industry benchmarks.
At the end of the discovery phase a report is submitted to the customer containing:
- The current state of affairs in the information systems, equipment, basic and applied systems, applications and business processes
- Recommendations on the implementation of new systems or to address deficiencies, organizational and technical advice;
- A final work plan and way forward, discussed and agreed with the IT and the business along with timelines and success factors and milestones.
Selection of solution and feasibility study
The follow-up on the discovery phase is typically a technical solution to bridge the gaps between infrastructure agility and business goals. This could be a simple solution or a combination of different solutions to help become more effective and efficient. We take care to define the entire architecture along with the additional software and hardware components required.
We ensure that we provide a comparative study between the existing infrastructure and the proposed solution along with the technical and economic benefits of the new solution. These could include TCO (Total Cost of Ownership), NPV (Net Present Value), RoI (Return on Investment) and the Payback period.
At Noventiq, we strongly believe that the solution and feasibility study is critical both from a technical perspective to understand why the proposed changes are needed and what value they will add to the organisation & the economic perspective so that the client knows the investment needed and can calculate the breakeven period when the investment will start delivering the results.
Transparency is critical to Noventiq in our consulting work.
Implementation & Deployment
Noventiq Consulting Services believe in doing a small pilot of the overall proposed solution prior to complete infrastructure change. The pilot project phase serves multiple purposes:
- Helps in educating the customer’s teams on the functions of the new components and usage of the new solutions.
- Serves as a test bed for the complete solution with limited amount of data.
- Helps to confirm the applicability of the new solution and work on any improvement and adjustments to the overall solution.
- Do performance tuning and architectural changes, if needed.
Noventiq team implements the complete solution only after the test pilot phase has passed all the tests and is found to be compatible with the customer workflow and business goals.