About the Company
The customer is an investment and financial services company based in Mumbai, India. It deals in various financial services ranging from brokerage services to life insurance and general insurance, private equity, and other investment-related services through subsidiaries. The company has a network of sub-brokers and authorized people across India. It is registered with the National Stock Exchange of India, the Bombay Stock Exchange, and the MCX Stock Exchange.
The customer was using on-premises Exchange and third-party mailing solutions. They relied heavily on their mailboxes for their daily operations. As a long-standing client of Noventiq, the customer engaged in deep discussions with the Noventiq team to adopt a single-point mailing solution that they could keep up with technological advancements and increase operational efficiencies. Noventiq’s success in similar operations within the industry vertical made them a promising choice for the customer as a Fast Track Digital transformation partner.
Furthermore, Noventiq has been working with the customer for several years, providing value-added services such as secure score assessment and remediation, frontline workshops, Teams workshop to provide security best practices, and adoption of all components for end-users. These engagements were so successful that the customer decided to renew their EA agreement with Noventiq for another three years.
The customer faced several challenges with their previous mailing solutions, including:
- Managing multiple touchpoints for different mailing solutions at an enterprise level, which significantly hampered their productivity.
- Adopting BYOD and remote work paradigms made enterprise-grade security crucial to their business needs.
- High overhead and management costs due to the need to manage multiple OEMs.
Noventiq successfully completed a pan-enterprise migration for over 13,000 users and generic mailboxes, rolling out Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, and other components for enhanced digital collaboration after conducting extensive research and evaluation. In addition, Noventiq enabled various features, including:
- Microsoft Intune for managing all devices used to access data, regardless of whether they were owned by the company or the employees.
- Azure Active Directory Premium for managing user access and authentication, ensuring that only authorized users had access to the data.
- Azure Information Protection for classifying and protecting sensitive data, preventing it from being accidentally or intentionally shared with unauthorized users.
- Archival and Legal Hold to meet regulatory requirements.
- Removal of simple passwords being used on-premises or on the cloud
- Conditional access policies based on flexible requirements that applied to over 4,200 devices.Driving consumption for end-users on productivity workloads, resulting in better efficiency.
- Implementation of EMS E3, enabling the customer to have unified communication and mobile device management with enhanced security, reliability, and scalability. This enhancement allowed the company's IT team to focus on other organization-based initiatives, including futuristic cloud-based applications and other modernization initiatives.
The improvements also helped the customer achieve easy manageability, improved workflows, and safer accessibility, enabling them to focus on more important aspects of their business and manage it better.
The single-point solution deployed by Noventiq provided easy manageability and upkeep. Maintaining solutions from one OEM rather than multiple OEMs led to significant cost optimization, resulting in lower CAPEX/OPEX. The platform included features such as mobile device management, conditional access, and threat protection, providing enterprise-grade security. Collaboration and teamwork improved, leading to increased productivity. Noventiq offered comprehensive training and support, both remotely and in the classroom, to ensure a smooth transition for users. Noventiq's complete ownership of the project as a Digital Transformation Technology partner freed up the customer to focus on their core business activities.
The Way Forward
In collaboration with Microsoft's EMS & O365 platform, Noventiq assisted the customer in overcoming operational challenges and achieving enterprise mobility with increased agility and enterprise-grade security. Noventiq continually optimizes the platform's security and flexibility capabilities to keep pace with the latest technological advancements, providing dedicated support and faster response times to contribute to better business outcomes for the customer.
Noventiq is also in discussions with the customer’s IT team to provide expert resources on specific security workloads, providing reconfiguration support to strengthen the overall environment.
During the process of license reconciliation, Noventiq worked closely with the customer's IT team to finalize the Bill of Quantities (BOQ), bringing to light critical aspects that demanded prompt attention, including:
- The renewal of O365 F3 users as O365 E1 to access additional benefits such as larger mailbox size, more features in terms of O365 components, and configuration of Outlook on devices.
- Addition of new components to the Security portfolio.
- Identification of several M365 SKUs and Defender SKUs by the customer team to enhance the security posture as part of a roadmap.
- Future assessments and customized end-user sessions are planned to improve the Teams platform, VIVA platform, Power platform, and other O365 components.
Additionally, Noventiq is engaged in Softline Managed Direct through Premier Support, which offers faster response times and priority handling, maximizes uptime, provides personalized support, and enhances the technical skills of the team.