Remote Desktop Services in Windows Server 2019 – the platform for your virtual workspace strategy
Why do you need RDS in Windows Server?
If you need to:
- Utilize your on-premises datacenter and not depend on cloud providers
- Ensure access to corporate resources from any device either in corporate network or the Internet
- Centrally manage apps and data, secure corporate resources from lost or compromised devices
- Protect against loss and leaks of sensitive corporate data
Use Remote Desktop Services on Windows Server 2019 that will:
- Session-based virtualization for more lightweight and cost-effective scenarios
- VDI – personal or polled desktops – for privileged users
- Flexibility in what you publish to your users: desktops or applications
- Separate your Operating systems, apps, and data from end-point devices
- Deliver high performance and security – a dedicated OS, apps and VM resources for a user
- Enable desktop personalization and application customization
Remote Desktop Services (RDS) is the platform of choice for building virtualization solutions for every end-customer need, including delivering individual virtualized applications, providing secure mobile and remote desktop access.
RDS on Microsoft Windows Server 2019 provides customers with the abilities:
- Use sever session-based desktops, personal and pooled virtual desktops, and remote apps in one environment
- Deliver their RDS sessions, Virtual desktops and apps to any device
- Manage Windows Server, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 SP1 desktops and remote apps with a unified management experience
- Reduce downtime and outages deploying High Availability for RDS components
- Authenticate though Active Directory
- Secure access with Multi-Factor Authentication
- App Compatibility – Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 have the same look and feel you expect out of a desktop but can also run many of the same applications
- Access from any device that supports the RDP client such as PC’s, Mac’s as well as Android and iOS based devices like tablets and phones
- Support for Azure SQL and Storage Spaces Direct
- New capabilities built into the protocol – RDP 10 now uses the H.264/AVC 444 codec, appropriately optimizing across both video and text
- Support vGPU – solving graphics needs across various scenarios
- RD Connection Broker is now able to handle over 10,000 concurrent logon requests, sometimes seen during "logon storms"
- Enable all workforce – casual or home to access corporate applications without security breaches
- Cannot justify paying the extra cost
- Publish as many Virtual Desktop collections and Session collections as you need to accommodate your diverse workloads
- Provides a unified and simplified management experience for your admins
- Utilize existing Windows server Datacenter, Windows server CAL, RDS CAL and Windows Enterprise with SA (or VDA) licenses
- Ability to work from anywhere
- Ability to roam from device to device – the user profile is immediately available and appears in the system exactly like a native user profile
- The same user experience as on a locally hosted desktop
- Apps are fully integrated with your start menu – you can pin them to your task bar
- You can copy, paste, or snap apps side to side – they look and feel like local apps
Contact us to get started
“The software assets inventory performed by Noventiq specialists has enabled us to determine the number of software licenses actually used, to assess the current license compliance and to get recommendations on optimization of our corporate IT infrastructure. In the future, every business unit will be able to purchase software solutions that meet its unique needs under MPSA. Information on all software purchases in the company will be available from the system administrator’s personal area”.
Thanks to the help of Noventiq specialists, we were able to create the cloud infrastructure and to provide users with access to digital content as quickly as possible. Simplified payment management and the ability to store virtually unlimited files allow to use the available IT resources as efficiently as possible. We plan to scale the solution depending on the type and amount of shares in Russia and abroad, and also to attract key rightholders to increase the efficiency of distribution and create new models of mutually beneficial cooperation.
“ServiceNow platform development marks yet another step to formulating a service-based approach to address business objectives at our facilities and towards an efficient management of key processes at the company-wide scale”.
"Migrating the bulk of IT services into the cloud allowed preserving good working order of the infrastructure during the reorganization, ensuring interactions of the company's business units and functioning of the ERP system, and cutting its maintenance costs"
"The information provided by the specialists of Noventiq, allow us managing the licenses in Microsoft software efficiently. The recommendations given as a result of the inspection following the method SAM CyberSecurity, shall help us to improve the information security assurance for IT-resources."
"Upon completion of the project, our experts were able to administer IT services independently from their Vietnamese colleagues. Noventiq specialists ensured the smooth interaction of all components, which allowed us to optimize the costs of maintaining the IT infrastructure performance, simplify administering processes and ensure prompt access to the necessary data".
"With IoT, the devices expose the local network, then security counts so that the user is not afraid to connect the machines. Our migration to Windows 10 added value when it came to more efficient graphics and too when talking about security. Furthermore, the 10-year warranty of the system given by Microsoft is the certainty of market longevity."
“As a result of effective interaction with our IT-specialists short terms of equipment supply was guaranteed, which enabled to equip the hotel before its opening and provide the personnel, guests of the hotel, restaurant and bar, as well as partners, holding meetings at our conference-platforms, with modern equipment from reliable manufacturers”.
"We have received an IT infrastructure management tool that allows not only to control the state of IT services, but, in addition quickly makes necessary changes. It is very important for us to provide remote consulting on technical support requests within the shortest terms. Local mobile device management is another important product benefit: it simplifies maintenance using the tools built into device operating systems"